Terms & Conditions
In These Terms and Conditions Island Supplies are part of Cowes Beverage Company, is the "company" and "Customer" means the person or company that purchases the goods, "Goods" means the goods specified in the company's invoice.
1. These terms and conditions issued on 13th July 2020 apply to all contracts for the sale of goods to, or provision of work for, the customer to the exclusion of any terms and conditions specified by the customer whether before or after the provision of this document to the Customer.
2. The price applicable to the sale of goods shall be the published price ruling at the time of dispatch. The company therefore reserves the right to amend prices quoted verbally at the date of the placing of an order by the customer, on giving not less than 48 hours notice of the change.
3. The Company reserves the right as part of a contract of sale to impose such carriage charges as shall be laid down by Company policy and published from time to time.
4. Dispatch times are quoted without engagement, although every endeavour will be made to adhere to the times quoted. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any loss arising from delay in dispatch howsoever caused. Time shall not be of the essence of any contract of sale.
5. The Company accepts no liability for any damage to goods in transit unless notified to the Company and the carrier concerned in writing within 5 working days after delivery. In cases of non-delivery the Company accepts no liability of any sort unless written notice is given to the Company within 5 working days of receipt of the related invoice, which is sent under separate cover. The Company's liability for damage or loss in transit notified to it in accordance with the above, shall in any event be limited solely to replacement of the goods by standard delivery within a reasonable time, whether non-delivery or damage is due to the Company's negligence or otherwise. The Company will not be liable for alleged damage, lateness or non-delivery of goods to a third party or any other alleged consequential loss made at the request of the customer.
6. Subject to the provisions laid out in condition 5 above, all claims for goods alleged to be defective must be in writing to the Company within 30 days of such defect becoming apparent. When notification is so received the Company may require return of the goods, or for the goods to be made available for inspection by the Company or its Insurers/appointed representatives. Should the Company be satisfied as to the defects, then it retains the option to either replace the defective goods within a reasonable time, or credit the customer with the contract price at the Company's discretion. An appointment will be made for normal wear and tear occasioned before any defect arose, to be reasonably assessed by the Company's quality control officer. All defective goods so returned become the property of the Company. No liability will be entertained whatsoever with regards to goods manufactured or supplied to the Customer's specification or drawings. The Company will endeavour to prepare such specifications as accurately as is reasonably possible, but will be dependent upon the information provided by the Customer. Such specifications are for guidance purpose only, and it is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that they are accurate and will produce goods which are fit for the Customer's purposes. Save as provided in condition 5 above and save in any circumstance of death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Company or any of its employees the Company shall have no liability whatsoever arising out of any agreement to sell, or sale of goods including claims for direct consequential or other loss, damage or expense, whether arising or alleged to arise under any warranty statement, conditional term expressed or implied, statuary or otherwise, or in negligence on the part of the Company or otherwise. In no circumstances therefore, shall the Company be liable for loss or damage in excess of the net contract sale price, and the Company may in its discretion either refund all or part of the purchase price or replace at its expense goods supplied.
7. For the purpose of these Conditions, the following definitions apply:- "The goods" means goods supplied by the Company to its customer. "Full payment" means the receipt by the Company of payment in full for all goods sold at any time by the Company to the customer. "Delivery" means the delivery of the goods to the customer
Delivery is approx - 3 working days from order (Monday to Friday) but usually sooner. Alternatively, a specific delivery date can be requested at cost to the Customer.
At Island Supplies we use major couriers to carry out our deliveries,
Delivery is to most areas of the UK Mainland (England, Scotland and Wales). For deliveries to Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and Scilly Isles we use Hermes as our transport company as they charge the least but it is 3-5 working days. There is a small surcharge for these areas.
Please see our delivery page for information
Returns are at the discretion of Island Supplies
However, please note the following:
All claims for goods alleged to be defective must be in writing (email) to the Company within 3 days of such defect becoming apparent.
Ordered in Error or No longer required:
Island Supplies are not responsible for any goods ordered in error or No longer required and will not be eligible for return
Dispatch of Products
In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, Dispatch times are quoted without engagement, although every endeavour will be made to adhere to the times quoted. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any loss arising from delay in dispatch howsoever caused. While every effort will be made to ensure timely delivery, we cannot be held liable for any delays, irrespective of the cause.
Please note: ALL damages must be photographed for proof of condition so we can show the proof to our couriers.
If your return or complaint is due to damaged packaging please get photographic proof so we can get your item(s) replaced asap
ALL payments are taken by Shopify or Paypal
ALL our prices INCLUDE VAT where applicable